- Contraceptive prescription (oral, patch, ring or intramuscular)
- Intrauterine device (IUD), see the comparison table.
- Contraceptive implant NEXPLANON®, please click here.
For more information on contraceptive methods, please click here.
You may need to use emergency contraception if you’ve had unprotected sex and don’t want to get pregnant.
There are two methods:
- Morning after pill
- Up to 3 days after intercourse: Levonorgestrel pill (Plan B, Next Choice, Option 2, Norlevo)
- Up to 5 days after intercourse: Ulipristal pill (Ella)
- Emergency IUD insertion
- Up to 7 days after intercourse: IUD with copper. The installation is done by a doctor and is the most effective emergency method.
Call us to see if we have quick appointment availability.